You have to stand guard over the development and maintenance of democracy, social justice and the equality of mankind in your own native soil. [Mohammed Ali Jinnah]

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Imran Khan arrested at Pakistan protest - JAMAAT showed its real FACE

Pakistani opposition leader Imran Khan is arrested after appearing for the first time since emergency rule. He was detained after going to the University of Punjab in Lahore to address a protest by students against President Pervez Musharraf.

Mr Khan was initially held for an hour by students from the Jamaat-e-Islami party after a standoff on the campus. After all Jamaat did what they were 'supposed' to do, this will lead to the fall of APDM finally. As Molana Fazlur-rehman already have 'reservervation' for APDM though he doesn't have any for taking part in elections under the umbrells of 'Emergency', and now the Jamaat stabed one of the opposition leader from behined.

When are we gonna get rid of these BLACK SHEEPS ?

All the friendly opposition is moving around under the Govt. protocols and the guy who opposes Govt. in its original sense, is taken out of the scene. What a joke !!!

“I came to the university to lead a rally of students against the dictator Musharraf and his illegal actions,” Khan said. “I would have presented myself for arrest in full public view but my goal was to set in motion a student movement.” Khan spoke to AFP by telephone shortly after he was detained while trying to lead a rally at Lahore’s Punjab University. He said he was betrayed by a group of students. “The majority of the students were with me there but a group of them from Islami-Jamiat-Tuliba collaborated with the administration and police,” Khan said. “They took me into the office and then forced me out into a van. They did not allow me to be arrested publicly.” He added: “I have achieved my purpose. I have started the student movement, I have set the tone for it.” Police earlier confirmed they had arrested Khan and would place him back under house arrest, which he slipped out from more than a week ago.

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

Ali Ahsan said...

Please tell this to student council and tell that this is just a jist of bringing pro-political student parties to this movement.