You have to stand guard over the development and maintenance of democracy, social justice and the equality of mankind in your own native soil. [Mohammed Ali Jinnah]

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Two Severe Bomb Blasts in Lahore.

This morning (11th March, 2008 around 9:30 AM), as I came out of bathroom after having a shower to head towards university. My mother told me, she heard some sound of a kind that some very big thing dropped on floor and immediately after that she received a call from Dr. Sheraz (My elder brother) who told that he saw a bomb blast 100 meters away from him when he was driving to his hospital as he is a doctor. Then she realized what the sound she heard was. But, It is real horrible as it was around 2-3 KM away from our home.

I immediately called him (my brother) and he told that he was almost 100 meters away from the point where this bomb exploded. He also told that windscreens and the windows of the cars in front and behind his car were broken. But, his car was safe (Thank GOD). He told that he was totally shocked and his neck muscles were stretched. He moved from there after around 5 minutes and then went to hospital.

I immediately switched on the TV and started scanning through the news channel to see exactly what happened. Here was another mind shocking news that a very severe bomb explosion in FIA building at Temple road. It was real massive explosion that buildings at beden road which is at almost 1+ KM Arial distance from Temple road are cracked. The whole 8 storey building of FIA was destroyed. The ways to the upper stories were blocked and police was not able to reach all the people.

Then I received a message that four different bomb explosions are reported from all over the city (Deffence, Cantt, Faisal Town and Mall road). Then I headed towards university. When I reached here, people told me that they have heard those blasts very clearly here at LUMS. Then I realized that there are only two blasts but they are too severe that they were heard all over the city and everyone thought that bomb exploded near him or her.

Till now, it is reported that around 30 people are dead and more than 200 are injured. But, no exact count is there of how many vehicles are damaged.

No comments: